Friday, September 4, 2015

New Route

There has been a few changes in regards to my plan. I have decided to withdraw from the job I'll be starting in October due to a loophole in the contract that I was given. Since they want me to start in October, I have yet to receive my final grade at the time. It'll be out in mid-November rather. After dropping an email asking for clarification on the situation, they said I can start first without my result and if I don't meet their requirement later then I have to leave the job.

Obviously, this isn't the best offer for me. Not that I'm too proud of myself to take up any job, but like I said, I have an inkling that I might not be able to meet their condition. Plus, there are many companies that offer a lesser condition with greater pay! To add to that, being asked to drop out after a month of working, making acquaintances, settling with housing and everything related would be highly embarrassing and not to mention cumbersome.

I basically want something that is clear. I can imagine having this sort of loophole doesn't really give me the kind of confidence to do my job well. If I got the job, I got the job, and I'll start. Afterwards, I would prefer to be judged on my working performance and not my uni result anymore.

Anyhow, for that reason, I might have to stay back a while longer here and start looking for a new job. It's quite challenging now because of visa requirements are getting much harder to get through, and not to mention it's already quite late in the year to look for an opening for fresh grad. But I'm an optimistic person, sometimes to the point of a dreamer, so I keep my faith up high.

I'm planning to start my job hunt tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated on it. Hopefully it doesn't take me over a month to do so. Friends of mine have been trying for 6 months now and haven't got any luck. Again, I'm feeling confidence I can do this. So yeah, wish me luck :)

15 comments:

  1. hope you get the job that suits you. job market for new grads is tough in malaysia right now, hope opportunities open up for you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed, especially Malaysia job market. Most of the companies require a couple years of experience even for entry level.

      Delete
  2. X yah la balik Malaysia bro .. keje sana laa .. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha macam senang je nak cari kerja kan. Nu'man la jadi sifu keje overseas bagai :P

      Delete
  3. Moga dpt keje ya.ske baca ur blog.fefeeling omputeh jap XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! Stay tune for more posts yeah :)

      Delete

Be nice :)